Saturday 8 September 2012

Nounours, nounours...


I think everybody knows the children's action rhyme/song Teddy bear, teddy bear.  Well, I'm not sure how authentic it is but when I stumbled across a French version I decided it was one that we had to give a go at our toddler group.  The words are not an exact  translation from the English as clearly it still needs to rhyme, but the children seemed to find it just as enjoyable to act out this version.
 
The lyrics to the French version are as follows:
 
Nounours, nounours,
touche le nez.
Nounours, nounours,
touche les pieds.
Nounours, nounours,
saute en l'air.
Nounours, nounours,
tombe par terre!
 
Literally translated into English:
 
Teddy bear, teddy bear,
touch your nose.
Teddy bear, teddy bear, touch your toes.
Teddy bear, teddy bear,
jump in the air.
Teddy bear, teddy bear,
fall to the ground!
 
Of course, we needed a teddy bear craft to go with our new song.  Each toddler was provided with a teddy bear template printed on card and then had free choice from the crayons, felt pens, glitter glues, stickers, felt, cupcake cases, doilies, material, ribbons, fabric petals, wool, foam, tissue paper, googly eyes, etc. from the craft table.  I was amazed by how different all their finished teddy bears looked - they really are a very creative bunch (us Mummys only have very minimal input - honest!).
 
Here are our finshed teddy bears!  We hope you have as much fun trying out the song and craft as we did! :o)
 





 

5 comments:

  1. Love these teddy-bears! I'd never heard a French version of that song, will have to share with my kids :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, pretty sure it is in no way authentic but good fun all the same!! :o)

      Delete
  2. Yippee another great idea! Will give this a go this week. The wheels in the bus song and sticking/ colouring activity you suggested went down brilliantly in our house?

    Ps where does you club take place? I have been contacted by someone through my blog looking for a French toddler group in south west London.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad the wheels on the bus went well!! We are on the Leicestershire/Nottinghamshire border so a bit too far to travel from London!! I'm sure there must be plenty of groups in London though... :o)

      Delete
  3. Ooh we could be in luck - we are actually based in the Midlands right now. I can't see an email address for you here ion the blog. Would you mind dropping me a quick line at non.native.adventure@gmail.com with your details ???

    ReplyDelete