Friday 26 July 2013

Les petits poissons...



As we haven't had the paints out for a while, I decided on a song that I had a great painty craft activity in mind for.

The new song is called "les petits poissons" the little fish and there are a few different versions out there. The one I settled on has 3 verses the first about little fish, the second about little birds and the third about little children. I chose this version as I felt it gave us the most options to dance around and do some actions during our sing song :0)

The lyrics are as follows:

Les petits poissons dans l'eau
Nagent, nagent, nagent, nagent, nagent.
Les petits poissons dans l'eau
Nagent, nagent bien que les gros!

Les petits oiseaux là-haut
Volent, volent, volent, volent, volent.
Les petits oiseaux là-haut
Volent, volent bien que les gros!

Les petits enfants charmants,
Dansent, dansent, dansent, dansent, dansent.
Les petits enfants charmants,
Dansent, dansent bien que les gros!

So, as I said, the craft to accompany this song was a nice messy painty craft of the little fish in the sea. Before all the children arrived I had covered the table with bubble wrap and put out blue, green, white and sparkly blue paints with an assortment of brushes, rollers and sponges.  The children all looked very impressed when I told them they had to cover all the bubble wrap with the paint any way they wished to make a nice sea colour :0)

Once the bubble wrap was well and truly covered in paint, I gave each child an a3 sheet of white paper to print the sea background onto. In my mind this was going to give us a beautiful bubbly sea effect and I was not disappointed, the prints looked great! :0)

Whilst the backgrounds were drying. Little, the children got washed up and I got rid of the painty bubble wrap. The table was then ready for part 2 of the craft, making little fish out of craft foam to then glue onto the prints.  We then had fantastic pictures of little fish swimming in the water - just like the song - and here they are:










Happy singing and crafting! :0)












No comments:

Post a Comment