Saturday 21 December 2013

Noël week 3 - cartes de noël


Our final toddler French before Christmas ended up with us making Christmas cards, that was not quite what I had in mind at the start of the week, however!

My plan was for us to make salt dough ornaments. I was going to make the salt dough in advance, split into several bowls and colour with food colouring so that all the mummies would have to do when they got the decorations home was bake them. A fantastic idea I thought and one which I have tried before so I knew would work - until that is I started searching Pinterest!! I came across an amazing recipe for a pure white salt dough. It seemed simple enough and how wonderful, I thought, to be able to make white looking snowmen and white Santa beards.

Well, goodness only knows what I did wrong but what I ended up with in no way resembled salt dough!! It was however the most fantastic stuff - crumbly in your hands and mouldable but when you put it down it "melted"!

Okay, I thought slight change of plan after our singing we will play with snow instead! Little Imp was certainly enjoying playing with it once it was made.

Alas, by the following morning my "snow" had set solid!! Arrrgghh disaster!! A quick raid of the craft cupboard and we were off, armed with enough card and crafty bits to make some beautiful cartes de noël.

The toddlers seemed happy enough with the choice of craft and made these beautiful cards for their family and friends.







Little Imp and I wish you all a "joyeux Noël et une bonne année" and hope that Papa Noël pays you all a visit next week! :0)







No comments:

Post a Comment