Tuesday 6 January 2015

Catch up post 1 - l'halloween


I cannot believe where the last 2 months have gone to, all of a sudden we are in a New Year and I find I haven't updated the blog since November!!  So, my New Year's resolution is to endeavour to get back to weekly updates on what we have been getting up to at Toddler French.

However, first I need to get us up to date as quickly as possible and so I will start with a catch up post on our halloween activities and will then do a second catch up post on our Christmas activities.

Based on the nursery rhyme "l'araignée gipsy" (Incy wincey spider) we made our own spider which climbs up the spout.

The lyrics for the French version of the rhyme are as follows:

L'araignée gipsy monte à la gouttiere
Tiens! voilà la pluie
Gipsy tombe par terre
Mais le soleil a chassé la pluie
L'araignée  gipsy monte a la gouttière.








Our other halloween craft was a collage picture using die cuts which I had purchased.  The shapes the children had available included:
la sorcière (witch)
la citrouille (pumpkin/jack o lantern)
la chauve-souris (bat)
le chat noir (black cat)
L'araignée  (spider)









Happy singing and crafting! :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment