Friday 14 December 2012

Nous chantons joyeux Noël...

Tonsillitis gone, voice back and so it was back to toddlers as usual this morning  :0)

Having missed last week's session I wanted to try and cover the songs I had planned for both weeks and so there are 3 new songs this week.  All of course with a Christmas theme, and a lovely Christmas tree craft to accompany them.


The first song up is my reinvention of the Christmas classic "We wish you a merry Christmas", " Nous chantons joyeux Noël".  Sung to the same tune but a bit more toddler friendly and action focused, the lyrics are as follows:



1. Nous chantons joyeux Noël,

Nous chantons joyeux Noël,

Nous chantons joyeux Noël,

Et une bonne année!

2. Nous frappons joyeux Noël,

Nous frappons joyeux Noël,

Nous frappons joyeux Noël,

Et une bonne année!

3. Nous sautons joyeux Noël,

Nous sautons joyeux Noël,

Nous sautons joyeux Noël,

Et une bonne année!
 
This got us all warmed up on this cold, wintery morning and was popular with all our toddlers.
 
Song number 2 is sung to the tune of "Frosty the snowman" and I'm afraid I can't take the credit for this one.  It is one that I stumbled across a long time ago and have used with children in school each Christmas since.  I'm afraid I have no idea where it came from and so can't credit the author.  It is a super little song though and I'm sure you will enjoy it as much as we did this morning.  The lyrics are as follows:
 
Je m’appelle Frosty.
Je suis un bonhomme de neige.
J’ai deux yeux noirs et une bouche
et un nez de carotte.
Je m’appelle Frosty.
Je suis un bonhomme de neige.
Je porte un écharpe verte, un chapeau noir
et je suis très content!
Finally, song number 3 is again one of my own.  I took Little Imp to a local Toddler group the week before last and we sang this lovely little song to the tune "I'm a little teapot":
I'm a little snowman
short and fat
Here's my scarf and here's my hat.
When the weather's snowing,
come and play.
Build a snowman everyday!
 
I thought it was a lovely idea and decided to try to come up with a French version for our group.  I'm sure it could be improved upon but here it is:
 
Je suis un bonhomme de neige
petit et gros,
Je porte une écharpe et je porte un chapeau.
Tous les jours quand il neige,
allons-vite,
Faisons un bonhomme de neige
tout de suite!

After our singing and dancing, we made some lovely Christmas trees to take home.  We had the templates of a tree and some decorations on card and after we decorated them and cut them out we could assemble them to make a 3d tree.  Here are the results of our efforts:









 
More Christmas songs and craft ideas next week and in the meantime we hope you have fun singing some not very authentic but catchy and simple French songs! :o)
 



2 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE your songs :D Furiously trying to learn them by heart so I can sing them with my little tornadoes :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks!! Little Imp is singing them already - they are easy to pick up really and although not authentically French Christmas songs I think they are more toddler friendly really. :0)

    ReplyDelete