For our first toddler session of 2013, I decided on a French version of an English round "London's burning" and a lovely Fire Engine and Fire fighter craft to go with it.
The lyrics to the French version are as follows:
Londres flambe, Londres flambe.
Quelle affaire, quelle affaire
Au feu! Au feu!
Pas d’eau, rien à faire!
Clearly, it is not such an issue in France if London is burning as rather than pouring on water - they have none and can do nothing!! Still, a nice simple song for toddlers to learn and join in with though and one which can be sung as a round, which is also nice for a change.
After our sing song, we went over to the craft tables to create our Fire Engine and fire fighter craft. For this craft, you will need:
- 1 A3 sheet of craft/construction paper for your background
- 1 fire engine template which you can print from here: http://www.busybeekidscrafts.com/support-files/firetruck.pdf
- red felt pens and collage materials for the fire engine
- black paper/foam for the wheels
- craft lolly sticks/straws for the ladder
- shiny paper/stickers for the flashing light
- red paper/card for the firefighter hand print
- pink/flesh colour paper/card/felt for the faces
- yellow paper/card/felt/foam etc. for the hats
Once you have everything ready, this is how you make it:
- First, fill in your fire engine with red. You can either colour it or paint it or, like we did use red materials to make a collage.
- Next, cut out your fire engine and glue it onto your background sheet.
- Now, using your craft lolly sticks or similar glue a ladder onto the fire engine and use your shiny material to add a flashing light on the top.
- Cut out two wheels from your black paper or foam and glue them onto the picture.
- You are now ready to make your Fire fighters. Draw around your toddler's hand on red paper or card and cut out.
- Glue this onto your background sheet.
- Next, cut out 5 small faces and glue them on to the fingers and thumb on your picture. Draw on eyes and a mouth with felt pen.
- Finally, cut out 5 yellow hats for your fire fighters and glue on.
Here are our finished pictures:
Happy singing and crafting! :o)