Wednesday 26 June 2013

Preschool session 8 - les animaux et les couleurs

I seem to be way behind on my blog posts at the moment, tomorrow will be the 9th preschool session and I still haven't written about the 8th or last week's toddler session!


So, last week's preschool session (number 8) continued with the themes of colours and animals and we repeated the songs and activities from the previous 2 weeks, including dans la ferme de macdonald, baa baa mouton noir and peux-tu marcher comme un canard and playing various games with the beanbags and schleich animals.

I introduced a new song to the group "Tourne tourne petit moulin".  I chose this song as it is nice and simple and repetitive and does include a bird and a fish so fits the animal topic.  It is a firm favourite at our toddler session and I hope that it will become one with the preschoolers too.

The lyrics (and actions) are as follows:

Tourne, tourne, petit moulin,   (roll arms)
Frappent, frappent, petites mains,    (clap hands)
Vole, vole petit oiseau,    (make hands into a bird)
Nage, nage, poisson dans l'eau (make hands into a fish)

Petit moulin a bien tourné
Petits mains ont bien frappé
Petit oiseau a bien volé
Petit poisson a bien nagé

We also played an animal colour bingo game which I had made for the children.  Each child had a bingo card (see top picture for Little Imp's card) and a pen, as I called the animals, e.g. poisson orange, they had to find them on their bingo card and cross them out or circle them.  The children focused well on this activity listening carefully for the animal names and colours and proudly pointing them out to me on their sheets before marking them off.

This week's session will continue with the same theme and hopefully I will get my post written a bit quicker! :o)

2 comments:

  1. I just stumbled on your site. I love your ideas! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rebekah, I'll try to find time to post some more soon 😃

      Delete